Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reflection #10 Internet



Yesterday, I had a large break in my day so I decided it would be the perfect time to catch up on my homework. However, my internet decided not to work and I needed the internet to do almost all of my homework. This made me think of how important it is for educators to think about the limitations of technology. Teachers should use technology and encourage my students to use it, but they should be careful when giving out homework that is dependent on technology. This could be anything from giving the students a back-up assignment if something goes wrong or if they don’t have the technology at home, or giving the students extra time to complete assignments at home so they will still have more time to finish it if their power goes out or their computer breaks. 

1 comment:

  1. Sigrid,
    You make an excellent point! I absolutely agree that teachers should not rely on technology for hmw. In the classroom, I understand because there are appropriate tools but it is difficult to depend on something that can quit at any given moment. Great post!
    -Angie

    ReplyDelete