Monday, October 1, 2012

Week #6 Generation IM

http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/article/generation-im



Generation IM discusses the need for computers in the classroom. It explained that kids are willing to spend time and energy working on computers. Because of this, if technology was in the classroom students would be more motivated and would learn better. I thought it was interesting that 67 percent of preschool students use computers. Before I read this, I always thought that technology in the classroom would be more helpful to older students. One of the examples of using technology in the classroom was using google maps to track the locations of Odysseus’s journey around southern Europe. In an earth science lesson, I would use google maps to show my students the different landforms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment